Hi everyone, am back to writing about more travelling tips! Today am gonna share with you some of my tips and tricks on HOW TO FIND CHEAP FLIGHT TICKET! I know that most of us becomes reluctant to travel just because flight tickets are the boon of our travel- it cost us the most out of our traveling budget.
But fret not, being a traveler and a nomad for almost 3 years now, I’ve found very simple tips and trick on How To Find Cheap Flight Ticket. This tips works well for flights around Asia but with a lil bit of research, I am sure you can tweak around with it for international flights. I’ve gotten an international flight for a really cheap prize using these methods.
1) If you travel in Asia or South East Asia- use lowcost airlines such as AirAsia, Flyscoot, Jetstar, Lion Air, Nok Air, Cebu Pacific and many others. The point is that, fly local airline, pay less for premium services as most of the destinations in Asia are short distance. Pay for what you need and fly cheaper. This is one of the best alternative for people who wants to stretch their money and see more places.
2) Book ahead of time. If you can play ahead of time, do that. A lot of of low cost airlines like to do Sales and promotion on their flights. I once flew from Kuala Lumpur to Kuching, Sarawak for 1cent, yes that happened! Most airlines lower their prices for trips 6 months before the actual date. This is when you get cheaper prices.
3) This will contradicts to the tips on No 2 but on some instances, there have been case where price for flight tickets drop 30-50% 2 weeks before the dates of the flights. When I had to change my plans traveling to Indonesia instead of India, I found out that Lion Air slashed their flight from Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta by 50%! I flew fro USD 39 which included baggage allowance. This fits well for traveler like me whose place changes every time.
4) Use Skyscanner.net to compare price between a few airlines. It would also list the cheapest option for your choice destination. I like to use skyscanner simply because it helps me with combining two flight to reach a destination and other options on the route.
5) There are a few tricks when you use Skyscanner.net; First, change your country on the option to cheaper country like Thailand and etc, this will automatically tell the server that you are buying this from Thailand and with currency exchange, you flight becomes cheaper by 10 to 40 dollars sometimes! The more money you can save the better and further you can go brah! 😀
6) Travel light! I you can travel light means that you don’t have to pay for your luggage on low cost airlines! Toiletries are cheaper in Asia anyway. 😉
7) There are some airlines that offer travel passes, look into that if you have a set of country you wanna go. Travel passes offer cheaper alternative on visiting a few countries or continents in a set timeline. I’ve heard about AirAsia Travel Pass, you can look for it at Optiontown.com
8)This last tip works with Premium Airlines such as Malaysian Airline, Singapore Airline and etc. For example, to fly from Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne, Australia the other day, it would have cost me USD 500 one way but when I tried booking it from Singapore, the price dropped more than 50%! That included flights from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne. Sometimes you just gotta try and play around with departure airport nearby to you and see which one offer cheaper prices! 😀
There are a lot more tips and tricks on how to buy cheap flight tickets but these tips will help you to start planning your dream trip. Remember, travelling is fun, enjoy every moment of it. Finding flight tickets can be stressful sometimes but hey, with all these tricks and tips, you can start smiling and enjoy the fact that you are going for a new adventure and see new places!